Thursday, May 21, 2009

Life of Imogene...

the rustling of spring leaves slapped me awake from my sleep of serenity.

“its day already?”

within a fragment of a second, i sprung back on to my heels. i ignored the essence of freshness lingering in the air. my eyes searched for any movement in the misty woods.

“at least no one saw me”

i closed my eyes, relieved that i remained as a myth. the morning air made my wings slowly creep out of their hide out, my back.

as my fragile treasures came out, i began to shrink to my original size. ahhhhh. my small slender self again. the well-coiffed bun that was my hair broke loose, and a sea of blond strands flooded in.

my long red skirt, wet from the drizzle yesterday night, swirled as i did a turn en pointe. i was glad that the secret i lived with had not been revealed.

it is not easy being me. in the day a fairy and at night a human. the life of a creature which doesn’t exist for the ever-so they say-filled minds of humans.

my wings fluttered into action and i felt a surge of excitement. i do it everyday but it is never the same. never boring. and never found out.

a smile flashed it’s way onto my face, as rays of the golden shimmering sun rushed past me. the sun, my day companion with whom i play hide and seek with. he is a very cunning player, though. he usually hides behind the clouds just to make me look harder. the word DULL is nonexistent in his dictionary. always radiant and cheerful.

i looked up at him. it must be hard for him too, i figured .in the day he is ‘the mighty Sun’ but at night he is just the moon. like me he has two personalities. two masks to wear. two faces. i wonder if it's as difficult for him as it is for me. an epiphany triggered from within me. i realised humans don't exist UP-THERE. it must be easy for him. he doesn't have to hide whereas i......
a shimmering ray focused on me. it was my shining moment. my body glimmered with glitter. that always happened. every time sunlight touches me i begin to shine a diamond's shine. clears out the question why i have to hide in the woods day time, doesn't it?

he wanted to play. i knew it. the way he focused his ray onto me. ahhh, he always does that.

“fine, lets play, ” i whispered.

i fluttered into the woods. The End.

Oops did i forget to introduce myself. Hi i am Imogene.

i guess i created this new character Imogene. and i will be writing fragments of her life in this blog. feel free to follow. this blog has officially been set aside for books and novels, and Life of Imogene.

No comments: